Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Personal Social Media Response

A week past already after the 1st Catholic Social Media Summit last July 14 and 15 in Marikina City and I think the fire is still hot and waiting to outburst further. I gave myself a personal challenge on how I can help my community to make use of Social Media in our category of life. There is an urgency to stay focus in this advocacy. But, how will I start it? There are still many things to consider about fulfilling this novel mission.
On the personal level here are the least things I must follow.
  • Edit the interview of Aimark with Fr. Martin Nolan, OSA, who came here in the Philippines on the first week of July. I was the cameraman in the interview about the history of the creation of the Province of Sto. Nino de Cebu in 1984. 
  • Create religious typography to be shared in Facebook and friends. 
  • Update this blog then from time to time about the initiatives taken by the community on their response to the call of the new Evangelization. 
  • I have to seek assistance from my formators in order to update the seminary website specially its content. The content in not updated since a new administration has taken over the seminary since May 2012. 
  • Brainstorm concepts for our vocation promotion. A good lapse for promotion is not more than one minute. 

These are just some of the minor things that need to be accomplished or may be at least fulfill. This is a good start for social media awareness.
However, I unceasingly pray for God's guidance to lead me the way. I hope that this endeavor may not harm my social life and community. I also have to remind myself that "I'm not an artist, I am a religious." This is the striking line that I received from a priest while I was the lay-out artist of our school publication two years ago. hehehehehe.... So help me God.

No comments:

Post a Comment