Sunday, January 30, 2011

May Call Waiting ka Ba?

I have been in the seminary for almost four years and indeed this place has been an avenue for me to strengthen my faith to God. If I were to ask of my encounter with God as a catholic, immediately I would answer the simplest and safest way to answer this question. The simplest encounter may be that I could generally recount are the times that I am consciously still breathing. I think God has always been forgiving to me because he still allows me to exist on this world. But to recount my greatest encounter with God that I would never forget would be when I was about to enter the seminary. I would always reminisce this particular time when he appeared into my prayers when I was asking for a sign from him if he really wants me to join the priestly journey. I think it is better for me include where did it start.

Conventionally, when a high school student reaches the 4th year level this is the season wherein students think of their future either to pursue college or to work. On one hand, if they chose to pursue college then what course would they take? On the other hand, if they chose to work then what type of work would fit them?For me during this time I felt this emptiness as if something is lacking. My family does not have a constant income that’s why I was a little bit sceptic if I will be able to pursue college but my parents were adamant that I should pursue. Although they gave me the chance to choose still I do not know what course it would be. My mind was totally outside the box as if I am like a stray cat wandering from the streets looking for something that would fill my empty stomach, my empty mind, my empty heart. But something happened along the way. Something was awakened coming from a deep slumber when the Augustinian novices (whom I don’t know yet what were their stage of formation) at our school for a vocation campaign in the morning. After their visit, a certain feeling had aroused. There is this enthusiasm and interest about the stories they had told to us. From my preliminary encounter with them I found happiness from their faces and this made me curious.

Later on my curiosity that led to the awakening of my enthusiast about their lives made me to discern for the next few months. And within those few months I was seeking for signs if He really does want me to join with his disciples. And I think God did not fail me with my prayers. I think with those signs I proved that he was there present and guiding me towards his goal for me. One of those instances was when I prayed at the blessed sacrament of our parish one Friday afternoon. I was asking from him if he could give me a white handkerchief inside this sacred place. Eventually, my prayer was granted when I opened my eyes and looking for that sign. A certain young girl together with her mother was carrying the sign. Although this may sound an ordinary event yet I consider this still as a means that God is really calling to be one of the servants of the Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment