Saturday, July 7, 2012

14th Sunday in Ordinary Time (Mark 6:1-6)

"A Prophet is not without honor except in his native place and among his own kin and in his own house." (Mark 6:4)

For this Sunday's gospel reading, I can relate very well to the message what Jesus tried to tell his people and even to us people of the 21st century. I am a religious seminarian, who aspires to become a religious priest. I am here on earth to preach the gospel of God to his people. I believe God chose me for a reason and I think my purpose is this one. Part of our life as a priest and also as a seminarian is to preach. What Jesus did at his hometown was unimaginable. To preach in once hometown where everyone doesn't want to believe is like us. Although I haven't tried but I believe I can feel the same with Jesus. There's this inquiry, who am I to teach them about God, where in fact I can't even live with it especially with my family. How can I say to them that we need to hear the word of God every Sunday, wherein my parents don't do. How can I say that gambling is a sin, wherein my father loves to bet in lotto or even in Bingo. How can I say to them about good values when I myself doesn't even show it. (not all the time).
They too well know me. It's a question of hope. Will they believe in me, when I try?



No comments:

Post a Comment